Sunday, August 24, 2008

In Closing...









Tonight was Closing Ceremonies and it was incredible!!! For any of you who did not see it, please watch it when it is broadcasted in the USA. It was so well done!!! Fireworks, music... and my favorite part was the dance expression of the torch with the people on the large rack in climbing gear, dancing and dressed in silver and red costumes. Then the banners that were raised... it was a magnificent display! Khatuna was flag bearer and she did an EXCELLENT job, though we didn't see her at all while she had the flag. She was so honored to take that role!

It's hard to believe it's over. Four years of anticipation and training and preparation for what seems to have ended so quickly. But at the same time, I am SO ready to come home. I leave Tuesday for home and will be returning exactly one month after my arrival date. I am so excited to NOT be busy. To see friends. To take our long awaited road trip. To visit Israel in November. And to go to college in January. I feel like a new chapter is beginning in my life and I am so excited to see where the Lord will lead me. I will continue to shoot. But I am very ready for more than archery to fill my days. This was an amazing experience and I feel so privileged to have been one of the 2008 Olympic Athletes selected to represent my country, the United States of America! God has blessed me with this honor, has given me memories to last a lifetime and taught me valuable lessons for my future in archery as well as everyday life. Now, may I just put these lessons to use!

Thank you all for your comments, prayers, letters and encouragement. It may sound easy doing what I do, being here, competing and just being an athlete. I've had several people mention how it seems so easy for me to be a christian and live the way I do. But I would just like to tell you, it's NOT! And your prayers and encouragement has strengthened me, pushed me to keep going and helped me to refocus many times. I have THE SAME struggles every single person has and if it were not for the grace of my Lord Jesus, I wouldn't be here.

I am including a hew pictures here from my time in China that have been highlights to my trip. God bless and keep you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the ceremonies, I to can't believe how fast the Olympics went by...I was exhausted just watching all of the sports...I can only imagine how the all the athletes must have felt actually competing