Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Understanding

In my last post I asked for prayer that I would understand what the Lord is doing and why if possible. He both comforted and strengthened me this morning during my quiet time. I want to record some of the passages that seemed so directly for me today:

Ps. 32:6-11

Therefore let everyone who is godly offer prayer to you at a time when You may be found; surely in the rush of great waters, they shall not reach him.
You are a hiding place for me; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with shouts of deliverance.
(God speaking) I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.
Be not like a horse or a mule, without understanding, which must be curbed with bit and bridle, or it will not stay near you.
(David speaking again) Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord.
Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!

Ps. 94:17-19, 22

If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.
When I thought, "My foot slips," Your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.
When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul.
vs.22 But the Lord has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.

Ps. 125:1-2
Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abides forever.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds His people, from this time forth and forevermore.


These verses spoke directly to my trial. The Lord gave me such a great sense of His sovereignty and power in my life. There is no "by chance." He has purposes and plans in and through everything. And it's not up to us! It is His work, because it is His plan. I surrendered my will over to Him and asked that He would help me to walk in surrender to His will. It doesn't mean I won't go through stuff, that I won't be confused, disappointed, frustrated and even hurt sometimes. But He is working toward the big picture in all these things. I am so blessed that He would consider me. That He would take the time and care to work in my life, to allow trials as they come to mold me and make me more like Christ... to make me His maidservant. 2 Corinthians 4:7-10 "But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies."

There is nothing more I desire than to please my Lord. I thank God for the difficulties and for stretching me to the limit. Because that's when I find Him the most real and active in my life. So I will continue to trust Him in all things. Even when I don't understand. Because I know that He is powerfully working in me to produce a greater weight of glory and a steadfast faith as my love and devotion to Him grows tenderly deeper. Oh the Lord is so good! So kind and faithful! I thank Him for lifting my heart to joy.

No comments: