Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Home Again






We just returned from France. In the Team competition the USA Women's recurve shot really well. We qualified our team in 10th place so our first match was against Japan who was the 7th ranked. We all shot really well (Karen, Khatuna and me)and scored a 208 to win! We shot well in our next match also against 3rd ranked China. But our consistent 209 was not enough to defeat China's very impressive 222. We finished in 8th place but were very pleased with our shooting.

Mandy and I continued to thoroughly enjoy our stay in Agen. We did a lot of walking and sight seeing.... and LOTS of card games. We had a day off while we were there and took a train to Bordeaux where we walked all over and toured Saint Andre's Cathedral. The last day our whole Team turned out to watch Jamie Van Natta, US Women's Compound shooter, compete in the Bronze medal match where she shot very well and won. The finals were held outside at night with artificial lighting... gave competing a ew twist. Mandy and I returned with no trouble to speak of. All our flights went smoothly and all of our luggage arrived the same time we did.

Now begins the direct preparation for Beijing. I am very excited and will be traveling to Tucson this weekend to spend two weeks with my coach. I am looking forward to this trip as it will help me to focus and really prepare well for the Games. But I am asking for prayer because I have entered a time of great struggle right now. Please pray that God will give me the strength I need and the confidence in Jesus Christ to walk through this valley. Also... I need understanding as to what the Lord is doing through what I am experiencing, what I am to learn or the reason for this if I am to know. It is a good thing His grace is sufficient for me and that His strength is made perfect in my weakness, because I'm going to need it! But in all circumstances, I take up the shield of faith with which I can quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. The darts are flying. But thank you, to all my brothers and sisters in Christ who are praying for me and standing with me through all of this. God is faithful!

No comments: